Preparation time: 60 Minutes
- 200gr butter
- 200gr self-rising flour
- 200gr sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1,5 scoops of Chalo Vanilla Chai
- 3 apples
- 4 eggs
- Mix the softened butter with the sugar & vanilla chai in a large bowl until it’s light & airy.
- Separate the eggs (put the egg whites in a clean bowl). Mix the egg yolks one by one through the sugar-butter mixture. Sif the flower & the pinch of salt in the bowl & mix until it’s a nice and consistent mixture. Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold them through the batter. Spoon into a greased and floured cake mold of 2 liters.
- Peel the apples and remove the core. Cut the apples into eight parts and push them into the cake. Bake the cake in the middle of a preheated oven at 175 ° C for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 160 ° C and continue baking for another 35 to 40 minutes. Check after 35 minutes with a metal: if it comes out of the cake dry, it is ready, otherwise you let it fry a little further. Allow the cake to cool on a rack.