Comfort food in a quick, easy & healthy package. These cute meatballs with our Chalo Cardamom Chai are ideal in every situation. They are herby and pack a punch. Everybody will like them, even fussy eaters will adore these little meatballs.
Preparation time: 30 Minutes
- ½ kg ground lamb
- ½ medium red onion, very finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- a handful of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- a handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh feta cheese, finely crumbled
- ½ scoop Chalo Cardamom Chai
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Pine nuts
- Chopped parsley, cilantro, or mint
- Hummus (homemade or store bought)
- Set oven to 175°C
- Place the lamb, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, fresh herbs, Chalo Cardamom Chai, pine nuts, feta cheese, and salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mix everything together using your fingertips. You want to get all the ingredients evenly distributed without compacting the meat.
- Form walnut sized meatballs from the mixture. You can do this several hours ahead of time if you want, but be sure to cover the meat completely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Cover the bottom of a heavy pan with the olive oil and heat until hot. Work in batches so you don't crowd the pan, and brown the meatballs on all sides. Add more oil as necessary.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Spread the hummus on a plate, Serve the meatballs hot from the oven. Garnish with more pine nuts, herbs, and a sprinkling of sumac or paprika. Top of with rocket.