Yummy, easy to make creamicles with amazing chai flavour! Perfect to make on hot and funky summer days as a cute and tasty refresher ! These popsicles are ready in just a few quick steps and give you that hug in a mug feeling on those summer days.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Makes 10 pops, depending on your molds.
- 2 cups semi-skimmed milk
- 1 1/2 cups light 20% cream, divided
- 3/4 cup Chalo Masala Chai
- 1 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- Place the milk and 1 cup of the cream in a pot on the heat. Bring it to a gentle simmer (don't let it boil). Simmer for a minute, then take off the heat and add the ginger and Masala Chai premix, bring back to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and let the spices infuse fully in the chai, about 30 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup cream. Taste and add more sugar if you like your chai sweeter.
- Once cold, strain the mixture into a large bowl, and chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Once completely cold, pour the mixture into your popsicle molds, being careful not to overfill, and top with popsicle sticks. Freeze until completely set.
- Run water over the molds to unmold and enjoy.
Add some fruit like a banana to the mold as a funky alternative.