A quick and easy pasta dish with a deliciously fresh, but heart-warming tomato sauce slightly infused with our Chalo Lemongrass Chai.
- 1 kg of tasty (!) Tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pointed pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 scope (12gr) Lemongrass chai premix
- pasta of choice, enough for 4 people
- optional; some leaves of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover your baking tin with a sheet of baking paper.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and if necessary remove the hard light pieces at the stem set. The skin may remain. Put the tomatoes in the mixing bowl.
- Peel the onion and cut roughly. Clean the cloves of garlic. Cut the pepper stem and then cut into quarters. Remove the seeds and cut into large pieces. Add the onion, garlic, and paprika to the mixing bowl.
- Now pour a generous amount of olive oil over it. Add oregano, thyme, pepper and salt and the lemongrass chai. Hussle everything well.
- Spread the tomatoes with the onion, garlic, and paprika over the baking tray. Put the sprigs of rosemary in between and then slide the grate with the vegetables for 30 - 40 minutes in the warm oven.
- Keep an eye on the oven, every oven is different. The vegetables may be slightly discolored, but you do not want blackened sheets ...
- Cook the pasta of your choice
- Let the vegetables cool slightly and put them back in the mixing bowl. Ris the leaves of the rosemary sprigs and put them in the bowl.
- Use a hand blender to blend the tomatoes and other seasonings into a smooth tomato sauce. If you have a heat-resistant food processor, of course, use it. Taste if the tomato sauce is to taste and add some extra fresh basil.