A delicious and healthy Chickpea Coconut Curry that is vegan and gluten-free! Made with the organic CHALO Chickpeas.
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cube of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 400gr Chalo chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste (can sub any type of curry paste you love)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
The day before
Soak the chickpeas in a pan with plenty of water of 8 to 12h. Boil them in plenty of water for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Place the Pressure Cooker on medium heat and then add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and ginger. Sautee for 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas, turmeric, curry paste, coconut sugar, lime juice, coconut milk, and vegetable broth and mix everything together. Cover the Pressure Cooker, (make sure the dial on the lid is set to the left) and set it to pressure cook for 10 minutes. Once done, release the pressure, remove the lid and stir in the kale. If you like a thicker curry you can put it back on the heat for 5 minutes and let it boil down slightly.
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with your favorite yogurt, crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro.
- Some brands of vegetable broth can be saltier than others, so taste your curry and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Don’t be shy with the garlic and ginger! I use large garlic cloves and a good amount of ginger for this recipe. They add great flavor to the curry.
- To add some more texture to the curry, use the back of a fork or spatula to smash some of the chickpeas before serving.
- You can substitute kale for any of your favorite leafy greens