In need of that ultimate energy kick in the morning? Try these dirty chai energy bites and get on the healthy bandwagon. Feeling happy, healthy and energized all day!
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 TBS espresso powder (use 1/2 TBS for less flavor, or up to 1.5 TBS for stronger taste)
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 1/2 cup creamy natural nut or seed butter
- 1/3 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 2 TBS cacao nibs (or mini chocolate chips)
- 2 TBS Chalo Vanilla Chai Premix
- In a large bowl combine oats, Chalo Vanilla Chai Premix, espresso powder, chia seeds and cacao nibs/ mini chocolate chips..
- Add in nut butter, honey or brown rice syrup (if needed, half a teaspoon Vanilla Chai waterd down). Use sturdy spatula or spoon to combine.
- Once ingredients have come together, place bowl in freezer for about 10 minutes (or fridge for 20 minutes). The cold mixture will make forming the energy balls a lot easier.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture into rounded balls and roll between palms to shape. You should get roughly 18-20 balls. Enjoy with your morning chai or coffee!
Store balls in container in fridge for about 2-3 weeks. Balls also keep well in freezer in airtight container for about 3-4 months.