BBQ season is coming up & what a better time to do a quick & easy dessert with chai! Yum...delicious!
Preparation time: 50 Minutes
- 320 ml coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 40 g sugar
- 1 scoop of cardamom chai
- 2 cardamom pods
- Coconut shredding and green pistachio to decorate
- Homemade or store-bought caramel sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º C.
- Pour some water into a large baking tray (for a double-boiler) deep enough the flan pots are just a centimeter above the water.
- Combine eggs & sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Bring the coconut milk to boil with the cardamom chai and the cardamom pods. Remove the cardamom pods when the mixture hits the boiling point and pour into the egg mixture. Gentilly combine.
- Pour into the coated pans.
- Bake in a double-boiler for 40 minutes or until firm.
- Unmould when cold.